Thanks guys. The yard looked a lot neater but I pulled a lot of shrubbery out. I'm also letting what's left grow a little wild for a more natural appearance. A lot of folks comb and groom their yards but when was the last time you saw groomed wilderness? Lol!

Back to audio. The difference in bass is stark out here in the yard. The bass is tight and of the correct bloom. I can't say it's quite like that even in my main room with the 800v4 and Audyssey XT32.

Besides the bass, all the rest sounds in proper proportion. As I've said before, the M5s were a bit hot in the lows and highs in my living room due to room size and reflectivity (and no EQ in that room). They are real good in my basement though even without EQ. Out here, they are perfect in every way.

Soundstage is a big problem though and imaging is limited to centre, left and right. If I give it juice, and with the right songs, I get reflection from the fences and that opens up the soundstage nicely. Of course in the basement the soundstage and imaging are like holography.

I absolutely love the sound from the M5s. I was playing The Weight by Chris Barber and a neighbor two doors down behind me came over to check things out. She said she thought I had a live band. It really is spectacular.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated