I searched (admittedly perhaps not enough) for information in the forums on stands. I have a pair of M22s (hmmmm m22s) on stands that MDF and either 16 or 18 inches tall. I then (we are talking ghetto here) boosted the speakers by placing about 4 thick hardbound books on the stands to raise the speakers to 24 inches high. I think this sounds better than it did previously and want to get stands that are more stable (I live in SF and quakes are a real concern). I am thinking of getting metal stands that I can fill. But, before I go spending even more money I want to ask you all a couple of questions:

1. If you have M22s how tall are the stands you are using?
2. Have you tried varying heights and found one that you would most recommend?
3. What type of stand are you using and what would you recommend?
4. Where did you buy them?

Oh, I'd really rather not spend $200 on stands, but looks do count. Being single means I don't have to worry about SAF, but I'm a bit on the metro side so don't want something that looks like it belongs in a frat house. Some day I will find that lucky lady and if I can avoid the later hassle (of SAF) now I'll be ahead of the game.

Thanks

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens