I'm not to sure where it's appropriate to post this. But I need some advice and help, regarding my power amplifier woes.

I currently have a Rotel RMB-1095 power amplifier. I've used this amp on and off for many years.

I unfortunately had it lent out to a family member for a year or two. When it returned, I excitedly hooked it up to my system.

I'm running:

-m80's v3
-vp160 v3
-qs10's
-(2) cerwin vega cmx-12
-pioneer elite sc-57

In less then 5 months I hope to place an order for an ep800, but that's a separate topic wink

Well after hooking it up, it seems both the surround left and front left channels don't work. After triple checking all the hookups, no dice.

I'm in a rural area and there is no Rotel dealer anywhere remotely close. There is also no random electronic/stereo repair service to utilize.

The amount of money to ship that behemoth away, to have it trouble shooted and *maybe* fixed, is a complete unknown.

And here in lies my problem.

I'm looking at the ada-1250x5 amp...but it's going to be around the $3k mark.

Surely, it won't cost me that much to fix the Rotel?

Do you think it's worth it to take a gamble and ship it away?

Is their any technical troubleshooting and self repair possible? Anyone have an idea what is going on with it? Internal fuse possibly?

I would love it if someone could walk me through trying to self troubleshoot this thing. Because it's just sitting in a closet for the last year.

Any help, advice or opinions are most welcomed smile

Last edited by Mad_Chesser; 10/22/19 08:54 PM.

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57