Originally Posted By Mojo
Originally Posted By rrlev
Just unscrew the transformer if you need to

Those leads on the transformer are likely only short enough to reach their terminations. Not sure therefore Chesser will be able to move it far enough out of the way.

It will probably move enough ... Plus I'll bet it's connected with spade connectors to the board ... think that thing was designed to be repaired.

Originally Posted By Mojo

Rich, can you tell on the schematic what all drives those LEDs? Just not sure if those LEDs would be on with a blown fuse.

PM me with your email and I'll send you the schematic ...

but to answer your question the protection IC is a MPC1237HA ...
Looks like the left front and left surround channels share one side board and the right Front and right surround the other. If either channel on the board has a problem that whole side will cut out and both lights will light. Don't really know much about this chip other then it disconnects the speakers if it detects dc offsets (It also disconnects them to prevent pops on power down) ... so ... if it's not the fuses it could be that the DC bias pots need to be cleaned ... of course you'd have to redo the bias adjustment if you cleaned them. Otherwise ... I'd let a tech look at it.

On the power supply there are 8 80V15000uF caps in there ... since you asked ...

Last edited by rrlev; 10/23/19 03:59 AM.