Lee, I was just listening to Belkis, Queen of Sheba:War Dance by Respighi. It's in the link below. I use this tune to gauge depth. Through all v4 Axioms, I perceive depth but the deepest I've ever heard is with the active LFRs.

At -34 on my Pioneer pre-amp, which is about 1 Watt average output and surprisingly satisfying through the active LFRs, the soundstage is out my bow window and images are very well separated. I hear details that are not evident in other Axioms. As I turn the volume up, the sound moves closer to me. This is due to the fact that I have only 8" between the speakers and my front wall. As I turn the volume up to thunderous levels, the 3D virtual effect collapses to 2D from the multiple reflections coming at me from the front wall/bow window and I am engulfed by sound. However, the images are all still there and the clarity is beyond reproach. I thought I heard dynamics that were as good as they can possibly get with the M100 and a $CA40,000 pair of speakers but the active LFRs are at a completely different level.

You will not get this level of performance from the 880s. I know this because I have the M100v4 and they are of similar character. You can expect a wider, deeper image from the 880s compared to the M100s but that's about it. I strongly suggest, if you continue to be dissatisfied, to work out a deal with Ian for the actives.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6GBH7ezU6hXHDDm2L58pWY?si=3EOof2Z1Q06VRTUSy6fsJw

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated