The problem with music is it's more than just the sound, but an emotional connection. So I don't know if you can totally rule out any of your senses into the finished product.

I could go to an acoustically perfect hall and listen to a well-played orchestra but be stuck on an uncomfortable wooden bench sitting in front of a woman who doused herself in perfume, and even with my eyes closed I will give the sound I heard a far worse mark than pretty good speakers in an OK room but sitting in a comfortable chair. You won't be able to help yourself.

Likewise, how do you measure enjoyment if your speakers look like something your dog coughed up regardless of how they sound. You are going to be influenced by your eyes.

Where I see an issue is when you cross over from describing your feelings into implying qualities that are not directly associated. I would agree with a review that said the sound was exceptional, crisp with a clear placement on instruments on the sound stage, but when you open your eyes and are assaulted by the sight of the speaker it all falls apart.

I don't know where the correct balance actually is?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5