My new Axioms arrived yesterday - M80, VP150, QS8 for side surrounds, and M22 for rears. Although not fully set up yet, the M80's and VP150 are in position. The QS8's are only 1 inch above bookcase tops, each being suspended between a couple of books to keep the bottom speaker more or less in the clear. They will be wall mounted soon. The M22's are not hung or wired yet. I also have a pair of SVS subs which have been tuned to my R.S. SPL meter, along with the fronts, sides, and center. Although I haven't been "blown away" yet, I expect this will happen once I have all the speakers fully installed and tuned to the SPL.

90% of my system use is home theater with the other 10% being music. One problem I've had for years is the old, "Huh, what did s/he say" when listening to center channel dialog. I've only watched one movie so far with the new Axioms, but I'm still having the same problem. So my question is: What are the optimum parametric equalizer settings for the VP150 center channel for clarity of dialog?

My receiver is a Sony DA4ES with the following equalizer ranges:
Bass, 99 Hz to 1 KHz, +/-10dB
Mid, 198 Hz to 10 KHz, +/-10dB
Treble, 1 KHz to 10 KHz, +/-10dB
Center channel width can be set to Wide, Mid, or Narrow

My center channel settings:
Bass, 250 Hz, +0dB
Mid, 1 KHz, +5dB
Treble, 2.5 KHz, +10dB
Width, Wide

The 10dB treble setting is because I've heard that dialog averages about 3 KHz, so I want all the help I can get at that frequency range.

If anyone has what they consider optimum center channel settings for dialog clarity, I'd appreciate knowing what they are. Or - if you can point me towards a link with information about this problem, this would also be appreciated.

TIA, Bill