In reply to:

How come you went with the M22's in the rear?

Because I know me and I know if I got lesser speakers for the rears, I'd always wonder how much better the sound could have been had I put the M22's behind me.

Interestingly enough, the QS8 manual that came with the speakers says that if you use them as rear speaker(s), "You will experience a modest improvement in envelopment; on the other hand, you many not notice any difference". Of course I didn't know this before buying the speakers, but it seems Axiom is saying that the QS8's may not do much on a rear wall. This plus the fact that I've read a bunch of posts here recommending "flat" speakers for the rear walls, tells me that I made the right decision.

I've mounted them on the walls using the Axiom FMB's. Since they weigh 16 lbs. each, it was quite a task getting the mounts to grip the wall like iron before hanging the speakers!

BTW - all the speakers are hanging but I ran out of wire when hooking up the 7th speaker! So now I'm listening to my new Axioms in 5.1 sound and looking forward to my #14 stranded speaker wire being delivered next Tuesday!

- Bill