Thanks for posting those photos Nick. Very helpful. I get why you did not wish to cut holes in your walls/ceiling. Your sound damping is more elaborate than mine. I just converted what was originally a bedroom, into a HT. I used bat insulation, soundboard, and 5/8" sheetrock over the soundboard. I am using what was to be a closet, as the hub for the electronics.

Would you recommend swapping out the QS8's I have mounted above my M80's with M3's as well, and re-position them to the ceiling, or should I leave them where they are and continue using them as front height channels?

For the ceiling speakers, I am thinking that I can build some boxes out of MDF that I can mount the round M3 ceiling speaker to, or, just get wall mount M3's like you did. If I go with building boxes for the round M3's, I can probably build the boxes with any angle I need, then mount them to the ceiling. Might be a cleaner look. More work, obviously, but if it's worth the effort, I might as well do that.

I was looking at Axiom's trade-up program. I've gone that route before. Not sure if trading QS8's for M3's would be considered an "up" trade.... Damn, this hobby can be aggravating. I just dropped a bunch of coin upgrading the video stream to 4K (this room and my living room too). Now ATMOS....

Hi 2X6,
Thanks for the tip on the ELEC. I'll look into them. I was leaning toward all direct-radiating speakers, as I've read mixed reviews on the type of ATMOS speaker that bounces sound. I know you are pretty fussy when it comes to SQ though, so your input is meaningful.