Originally Posted By BBIBH
Originally Posted By 2x6spds
So, Axiom delivered the LFR1100As in a dull rosewood, instead of high gloss. Axiom once again demonstrated its superb customer service, and is building a pair of high gloss rosewoods for me. I can't wait to receive them.

I think we have all experienced Axiom's great service - I have on several occasions dating back to the mid/late 1990's - however, if it was truly superb you would have received the correct models the first time.

What you are suggesting is perfection. When anyone can post a business that has never made a mistake, then we can decide that "superb" can be applied if the business hits perfection.

Superb is a business that readily acknowledges the mistake, takes correction to remedy the mistake, and makes the customer feel good for having done so.

An analogy most of us have experienced - something is wrong with an order at a restaurant. The staff's response is now going to determine the experience. 25 years ago, a friend of my wife and her husband had a restaurant. A customer complained that her broiled chicken sandwich wasn't done enough.

The husband, as the owner, took the sandwich to the kitchen. He came back out 20 minutes later with a sandwich that was slightly overdone. He also let the customer know that he had taken a bite of the first sandwich, and it was "cooked properly."

He was out of business 6 months later. THAT is textbook for how NOT to handle something "superbly."

Food for thought. smile