I like the idea in theory Ian, and certainly you have the hardware down pat, but unfortunately the Air app falls short of user friendliness and polished software. For one simple example, i can install Sonos software on my computer, sort and make playlists or modify the queue from my desktop which is infinitely faster than finger dabbing on my phone to do the same, whereas the Axiom app is phone/tablet only. Additionally i can open the Sonos software to look at files or the queue and such, while a user cannot open the Axiom Air app unless their is an Air turned on for connecting. Otherwise the app just sits at the 'cannot find device' opening page).

I use BubblePnP on my phone to stream to the Air while the kids use iPhone music app for the purpose of sending files to the Air. Bubble has a far more user friendly queue and library viewing system.

We all use the Sonos app when the room sharing comes into play and it's very user friendly for company to browse the library and see what's coming up in the queue or even rearrange the queue. We need equivalent user friendly software if we are to replace it.

I would consider trying out the Air Transformer because of the fantastic hardware expectation, but based on my past experience with the Air app, i don't want to end up trying it when i expect with great probability of only having to return it.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."