I am more curios for the Floyd Toole blind test to see what it is that people hear between the Active vs Non Active of the same speaker. Effectively, I wonder if the internals are the same between the two. I know that the active will have no passive crossovers inside, and will require to have some different wire hookups, but the fundamentals of the speakers are the same.

So it is a real interesting wonder for me, if you have single Active speaker, and a single Passive LFR1100 speaker sitting in a room, and you played a passage of music then switched, if anyone will notice a difference.

if your two LFR speakers are the same grain finish, then you could even do some fun to really test what people are hearing by randomizing if you have two of the original passive or two active, or and active and passive speaker. Logically if the speakers are the same then people should hear the same.. but it really puts to test if we hear what we want to hear. And will test how much better the Active are over the non.

I know for me that it is very unlikely that I will ever find the need to trade in and upgrade a speaker that blows me away when I listen.

As a different side note, I have the M3 inside my office room and the limiting factor with those speakers is being allowed to play them at a loudness level that will make them really shine.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5