I stacked the Freedom on top of the Force. I've been listening from 8 feet away on-axis, at a mid-point between the two units. Both are plugged into AC.

I trained myself to hear the difference between the two. Casual listeners would never be able to tell the difference.

The differences are in the quality of the bass and highs. The bass on the Force has more texture. It's possible some may never be able to pick up on this no matter how much they were trained. The easier one to train for is the highs. No question, when listening face on, the highs on the Force are more expansive, more satisfying. I attribute this to the greater difference between tweeters but it could be something else also.

You can get more volume out of the Force but not excessively so.

If using it in place of a soundbar, go for the Force. If you don't have it at face level, it doesn't matter much which one you go with.

The Force has a 2A phone charging output, Karaoke and extra battery options.

Bottom line, they both sound very similar. Those who want to mix the Force and Freedom throughout their spaces would do very well and not miss anything.

Right now I am feeling like they are both too similar. From an acoustic perspective, there is little difference between them unless you are being very critical...like me.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated