Has anyone used their M-60s or M-80s with a McIntosh amp? I picked up a used one a year ago that puts out 100 watts a side. It's running through an Acurus Act 3 preamp. The bass from it is amazing to the point that I didn't know the M60s could put out as much as they do with the McIntosh hooked up. But the soundstage seems to be different for some reason now. When I had them hooked up to the Act 3 and a 150 watts Acurus amp, the soundstage was always three-dimensional. Now it seems blown out. The music sounds good from either CDs or records, but the 3D quality seems to have gone.

I sit about 9 feet away from the speakers, and they're positioned about 7 feet across. I've tried repositioning them or toeing them in but nothing seems to help get the soundstage back to where it used to be. The only thing I can't do is move the chair back further away from the speakers because of the limits of the room. Because I can't move the chair back, it's making me wonder if the soundstage is just bigger with the McIntosh and I need to be back further. Since this is my first piece of McIntosh equipment, I'm not sure what to have expected. Any help is greatly appreciated.