Originally Posted by rrlev
setting the input gain in bridged mode maybe even more interesting .. I'd consult the manual to understand how the input sensitivity knobs work. You may have to set each side of the bridge separately.

If the manual does not specify how then my first bet would be to use 1/2 the voltage (i.e. 14V/chan) and reference a common ground (probably the chassis) to balance out each side of the bridge ...

This was it, thank you! There are two sets of voltage knobs for each channel on the amp, one of which is marked "bridged". That's the one I've adjusted. The left and right (bridged) channels were set to 1v. I adjusted them to 2.5 and the output volume went down tremendously. I've now set them in the middle (it clicks in place when you've hit that specific middle mark- so I'm positive they're all set at the same level now). When I have time to listen to music critically tonight (when no one's around) and make some minor adjustments/tweaks I'll report back. I'm hoping I've already hit the sweet spot by putting the levels where the knobs are locked in. Looking forward to reporting back tonight with results. Seriously, I've had this amp for a year now and I'm extremely excited that I may have unlocked the system's true potential.