I look at sound & equipment as being separate ... I'm always on the prowl for best performance/$. In the 90's one of my hobbies was finding great speakers at a value. I trained on speakers which were beyond my price point (B&W 802's) and then went searching for ones which sounded similar at a fraction of the price ... less known brands usually fill that space.

When I bought my turntable, I knew I was buying cool tech for cool tech sake ... I didn't think it would make a bit of difference to the sound. Buying actives I was relying on trust of Axiom for the new tech. Big amps took me years to decide that they had a justifiable effect (as I always auditioned them at reasonable levels) ... Although I'll never justify an ADA1500/speaker. That was Axiom's doing in pricing the Active/ADA1500 intro package at a level I could not turn down.

Now, I think you and Floyd have a very good point ... Most High-End buyers are buyers of equipment not sound.

Last edited by rrlev; 08/16/20 09:34 PM. Reason: rearrange, make clearer, fixy english