Ok, I'll give that track a shot on my active system.

I'd shy away from getting the Transformer built into the amp. The only reason is, if you get it separate, you can move it around to another system. But if you don't have that need, an integrated Transformer can de-clutter your environment. You'll want to talk to Axiom about that because I don't know if you'd be giving up any access to buttons and connectors.

The ADA-1000-2 will give you 125 clean continuous Watts and 375 peak Watts per side. That sounds like a lot but as the following two examples show, it may not be enough if you are sitting 20 feet back.

At 20 feet back, when 1 Watt is fed into the M60s, they'll put out 70dB in sound pressure level. 70dB is a "quiet flute in the background" territory. To get to 24dB above that quiet level, you would need 256 peak Watts per side.

When listening to say Fleetwood Mac, the nominal sound pressure level may be about 80dB for moderate listening. That level requires about 10 Watts at 20 feet. When Mick smacks the drums, that's a 12dB rise in sound pressure demand - maybe more depending on how well-mastered that production is. To get from 80dB and 10W to 92dB, you need 150 additional peak Watts for a total of 160W peak per channel.

The ADA-1000-2 will be OK for the above two examples. But you may not be satisfied with 92 to 94dB. If you move up to the M100, you can squeeze out another 6dB from the 1000-2 via a combination of improved sensitivity and higher power due to their 4 Ohm load. But 100dB may still not rock your boat. Adding subwoofers though, may get you there.

Of course this all depends on how live your room is. You could always move closer than the 20 feet in the example.

I'd go with the 1000-2 and subs. If you need to, you could always trade up.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated