That's a really great explanation of the relationship between direct and indirect sound and the acoustic disappearance effect. That balance is struck perfectly in my living room with the M2OW. I've frankly found it difficult to strike a balance with largish speakers in any of my rooms - too much direct sound. The actives sure help but even there, I can see where drivers on the outboard sides would make a huge difference. I know that might not be very easy to accomplish.

I hear what you're saying about the bass. For my tastes, the effect of width and disappearance is of primary importance. In my circles, I've found once listeners hear this effect, they find it very addictive.

If you get the chance, try the M5s lower, wide and 2 to 3 feet away from the front wall. The effect is quite uncanny. It's like they paint images in the space behind them. I've told Axiom this and I'm sure they think I'm nuts but I think there's something there that ought to be researched. That's how they're placed at my friend's and she's addicted to it.

Last edited by Mojo; 09/03/20 01:10 PM.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated