Originally Posted by Mojo
Rich, are you happy with your 600v4?
The short answer is I'm happy. I'll eventually do some measurements ... but ... it will have to wait till I get back into the audio mode.

I currently have two 600s set up off the active DSP place just inside the LFRs (like your 500s)
The other two are set up on the side walls and are being driven by the AV8805's sub outs. I haven't really played with optimizing placement as I have a lot of construction material in the way (and moving them around is a pain). Plus, level wise I'm not sure If I set them up perfectly ...

With the LFR subs I measured the SPL at the listening position and raise the sub volume till I noticed a change. On the side subs I played white noise and set the volume of each side sub to measure the same. Then using the receiver's control raised and lowered the both side subs playing together to hit the same SPL as the fronts. After which I checked the levels by ear to see if they were far off ... kind of hard to tell in most cases.

I'm thinking of redoing the DSP sub levels by manually generating some frequency sweeps (say from 100hz on down). Now I can play the LFRs and set the sub levels to best fill in the LFRs low end ... what do you think?

You may have a better way of doing this ...