Hmmmmm. Interesting. You’d think the actives would “appear deeper “ than the m5s. I think the way you’re describing it though makes it sound worse than it is for the actives. Maybe?

I’ve got m60s at “ station keeping “ right now. Tucked back in the alcove and closer to the walls. I have to stand way back in my kitchen and listen thru the big pass thru window to even get close to holographic and even then it’s not quite right. It’s not wow. The bass support at low volume with them backed in close to wall is really perfect though. Good tight low volume bass. And crystal clear mids.

Back to my original thought tho, I bet you could count on live mic’d “ unplugged “ albums to sound spacious for the whole album as nothing would have changed unless it was “ edited/produced “ individually after the fact.

I would’ve thought the actives would have produced the most consistent holographic effect over the m5s being omni I directional and all.

Last edited by Kodiak; 09/28/20 05:36 AM.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595