A radiator can be omni-directional but still interfere with itself particularly in an echoic environment. The M5, M2 and M3 self-interfere less. At least that's my theory.

Most people, although they don't know it, just want to drop speakers in a room, get large sound and not be offended by bloated lows or piercing highs. Bose solved that problem in a most brilliant way by providing no lows and no highs in its speakers. No dynamic capability to speak of either. Stereo everywhere and yet nowhere. Problem solved. Bose sold bazillions. Those same Bose lovers though, get a stiff wake-up when they hear M2, M3, M5, M50, M100, A-LFR that is set up well in the room. Then they are haunted by the sound forever.

I just wanted to add here, about interference, I've been contemplating upgrading the dual flanking 500s to 600s. I'm hesitating however because I'm concerned about the 600s interfering with the reflections from the rear drivers from the actives. I've set things up so darned good right now, the best I've ever had, that I don't want to ruin a good thing.

Last edited by Mojo; 09/28/20 04:12 PM.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated