Hi BBIBH

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any Michaura. The two stand mounts and the floor stander use beautiful hex shaped, EXTREMELY rigid rosewood (faux but beautiful) finished cabinets. All use the Axiom 0.75" titanium tweeters. The M55 uses two 5.25" Axiom aluminum drivers, the M66, two Axiom 6,5s and the M665, two 6.5s and a 5.25. I've had them all. I use 6 of the M55s as surround and ATMOS speakers in an HT system, gave away my M665s to a good friend, and my M66s are in storage.

The Michauras are very efficient and extremely tube amp friendly. I used the M66s with a 5 watt per channel Antique Sound Labs MG Si 15dt single end triode amp. Along with the pair of Dahlquist 15" subs, a magical combination.

I think the hex shaped cabinets are great. They are very effective at defeating standing waves and make for one of the most rigid and inert MDF cabinets I've ever come across. I've upgraded the caps in my M55s, I don't recall whether I did for the M66s, I know I didn't for the M665 towers because the way the cross-over was mounted in the cabinet.

I think Axiom should come out with a line of hex shaped speakers. I think a large stand mount M66 style speakers, with twin HP 6.5" drivers and the new tweeter would be spectacular. axiom could have a new second line of speakers.

They would be unique among current audio speakers. I'd get a pair.

Speaking of which, don't worry Mr. rrlev, science is wonderful.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 11/10/20 11:27 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.