It will be interesting. I'm expecting uneven results. I played with that quite a bit which is why I was going to buy a new one sometime in 2021. But at 650$ (after all the rebates), I could not wait any longer, especially not 21 days! I suspect it is not a wood finish (but it is HPv4). My D2v allows for 2 speaker config and switching from one to the other is fast. On my laptop I have ARC files for both sub/no-sub and center/non-center configs. It is just a bit annoying doing the RS232 transfer (and quad measurement as the software is too dumb to allow me to select different speakers to use AFTER the measurement).

One of my issues is that to avoid interfering with the short-throw projector, the center is low (hence I was looking for an inverted cabinet although I suspect flipping it on its back is the same thing or Axiom has gone something extra to point everything upwards. So my conclusions were: Certain loss of clarity with single or dual instructions (for which I use Neo:6). Larger settings or pipe organ (PLIIx) I could not determine if there was an issue big enough for the need to be the deciding factor. So movies and TV won the day and made me look at the VP180 web page very frequently!

When I re-take my measurements, I will do it separate for center/no-center again as I rarely use the sub/no-sub config and can live without it for a while.

See Mojo's signature