Hey Kodiak, I think that other people would answer your questions better than me.

Here is my two cents:
1. The open space reduce the reflection of sound which may require you to increase volume which may affect the clarity for frequency-dynamic busy content.
2. We need walls to reflect sounds so the music is not dry. But we also need to absorb the first reflection sound so there is not too much reflected sound to make the music less clean. Lay a blanket in front of the speakers, put cotton pillows on the couch, hang a sound absorption decoration artwork on the walls, something as simple as that could help.
3. When it is hard to treat the listening room, please try near field listening where you are very close to the speakers to form a same distance triangle. Place the speakers far away from walls as much as possible.
4. I notice that you have M60ti. V4 version is way better than ti version. Check the B-stock or refurb products, even M2 would be much better in terms of clarity and imaging.
5. Small bookshelf speakers are very easy to place and get good results even if the room is not ideal.

Last edited by Rock; 01/05/21 07:53 PM.