I appreciate the replies. And now I have a harder choice to make ... well, I have time. I may try to see how Axiom feels about my trying both out. And I'll probably go with HPs, just because.

>> Every Axiom passive I've had in my similar-sized living room has boomed ...

Mojo, I do have side questions for you regarding the boominess. My M22s were definitely not boomy, and even the M5s in my small enclosed12x13 room don't sound boomy. In fact, I just looked at what YPAO did with the calibration and on one channel it *increased* the bass from around 100-200 hz! (Ironically, the 1st song I played on the M5 - Ana Popovic, Unconditional - did sound boomy and I said "uh-oh"; but then I played it elsewhere and found that it was just a boomy song.) But more interesting to me is that I read the LFR660 and M80 curves differently than you do. To me it looks like the LFR660 would have more of a natural low-end bump (kind of like the M3); the M80 without HPs looks flat in the low end with an even lower plateau from 30-60 hz. So, why am I reading those graphs 180 degrees differently that you are?