In reply to:

If you don't like them, that's fine, but why do you feel the need to mock people who disagree with you?

Long story short - Both Alan and I have explained to you about tube distortion, you chose not to accept it. Somehow you've disputed what even tube lovers admit. You chose to attack Alan over this. The warm sound you hear from your tube amp is even-order distortion - that is an undisputable fact.

In reply to:

Do you think people hold opinions contrary to your own only to vex you or call attention to themselves?

No, I believe that people who argue a point they can't possibly prove are either attention seekers or zealots.

In reply to:

So, you find comfort in holding an opinion consistent with the "popular opinion," on this site?

I don't find comfort at all - I respect the opinions of most of the users here and most are consistant with mine, I listen to other points of view when well articulated. As for finding comfort in them? Check my post again, I made no such mention of comfort. Anyone who's ridden a 650cc single cylinder on the highway for hours on end probably isn't too big on the comforts of life.

In reply to:

No wonder you react so poorly to opinions which differ from what you perceive as the "popular opinion" held by many folk on this site.

I react and respond to messages that mislead - whether I react poorly is debatable, people come here to learn, they've already seen Noel Lee's advertisements for his cables, they play right into the society of fear that somehow your investment in loudspeakers won't sound quite as good without them... I and others here make sure that these people get to know the other side, the side universally accepted by nearly everyone that doesn't make money on cable sales or hasn't plunked down hard earned money on said cables and would be made to look the fool if the Emperor really was naked.

Enjoy your music... through your tube amp with its inherent distortion - it's great sounding distortion, that's why guitarists use tube overdrives and tube heads.

Enjoy your cables... I'm sure they look great, fit well under your carpet, whatever reason you own them.

But I'll continue to keep people from being mislead by the boutique wire companies and the snake oil salesmen.

Bren R.