This last one resonates with everyone who's read it. It's intended to be taken literally but interpretations vary.

For example, let's consider the line "And those ahead, on the way, Depend on what I do today". Some interpret this as free will and get a warm and fuzzy like you. smile Yet nowhere did I say that "what I do today" is my choice.

Readers get defensive about the present being all there is. But taken literally, if the past is gone and the future has not yet arrived, the present really is all there is. smile And you saw that. Perhaps more contentiously, "The past and future are not distinct" suggests that both are on the fuzzy precipice of the "now" or time is artificial. We all know by now the reality we experience is not the fundamental reality. Time is no different. Time is nothing more than our very practical way of counting/tracking change of macroscopic events.

A seemingly simple poem, that innocently spilled out of my brain and onto paper, can give one pause. For sure these thoughts have been percolating in my skull for a very long time and finally let go when I just wanted to get the hell out of the same time in which my demented neighbor resides. laugh

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated