Originally Posted by Mojo
If you couldn't place the guitars, either your ears-brain were messed up, or most likely, Axiom pooched that set-up. Or maybe the guitars really were recorded all over the stage.
Again, you are ignoring my observation because it doesn't agree with your opinions on the speaker.
If you haven't noticed, these comments are rather disrespecting to other people.
If you want to dismiss their observations, just say you disagree and have different observations rather than continue on telling them how they are wrong based on nothing but assumptions of improbable reasons.

I've done the Axiom blind testing room three times (and a few times at home) and it is quite effective a tool to make valid observations. In fact, i recall i ended up selecting the other speaker and not the Axiom as my favored one during the blind group test at the reunion (though they were as Alan used to state 'similarly good'). Because i didn't select the Axiom speaker, what would be your laundry list of reasons of what was wrong with me or the setup for that one??

As for the Mirages, e-mail Andrew and get his opinion. Wanna bet 'nads he'll tell you the same thing I did? Note however that some may prefer more fuzzy images but the vast majority wouldn't.
Now this is outright ignorant. You're looking for something to validate your opinion on something you have never heard. Andrew could very well prefer the Axiom version over something he made two decades ago but that isn't the point. I also never said anything sounded "fuzzy" so you are putting words in my mouth (a poor interpretation of what i am saying).
Perhaps you should hear the OM5s first yourself and maybe you will understand something i'm saying.

Geez Mojo, respectfully, if it wasn't obvious, Craig left over this overbearing, opinionated posting. It is rather off-putting for people to want to post. Try your opinions at AVS or ASR and see how far you get.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."