Audio Science Review did a bench test of the Sonos amp. It really does output 200W into 4 Ohm loads with Class D magic:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...view-and-measurements-of-sonos-amp.6957/

I don't find his electronics reviews that useful, most of his complaints are for things beyond audibility. His site is good for avoiding junk and snake oil: interconnects, tube amps, and anything made in the United Kingdom. smile

Sonos is a HUGE company, over $2 billion in annual revenue and just behind Bose and Harman Group. Well known audio players Paradigm/Anthem, Bryston, KEF North America, and Wilson Audio do less than $10 million. Klipsch has 25% of the traditional loudspeaker market in North America, it only does $50 million. That's not even half the revenue of Monster Cable, which has been in free fall since 2011.

kbferrie, if you ever do get a pair of Axioms, I'd love to see an informal comparison of the Beam vs whatever you get. I still longingly look at wireless sound bar products even though I already assembled my Frankenstein Axiom/Angstrom/Mirage home theater. I love the minimalist look of sound bars, though I suspect that I would long for my current system if I did go all-in on a Sonos Arc + Sub + SL system. lol

Author of "Status 101: How To Keep Up In A World That Keeps Score While Buying Into Buying Less"