I have an Atmos / DTS-X Athem AV60 pre-amp. it was more than I really needed but now that I have it, I am wondering if I might as well kit it out.

I originally had two Axiom ADA1000 to give me 7 channels of sound though I never got around to putting in rear surrounds. Those both got traded in for a pair of ADA1500 to power the active speakers. So now I have stereo sound only for my HT room, so clearly i will need to figure out some extra amplifier channels to watch movies and steaming TV shows.

I am happy with using the front L+R to give me the virtual center channel. it works really well with the LFR.

Option 1. just use an existing AudioSource Amp to power my current set of QS8 surrounds.

Option 2. look into getting an new 4 or 6 channel amp and hook up the side surrounds and put up a set of Energy take2.5 satellite speakers that I have unused and mount them as height front and rear speakers.

Option 3. look into going whole hog and get 8 more channels of amplification and add in a set of satellite speakers for the rear surround as well.

I wonder has anyone tried Atmos with height speakers instead of overhead? In my basement HT there was no real place to put in ceiling speaker boxes when I built the room. there was too much vent ducting, water pipes and natural gas lines running in the joist space to be able to put speakers in any meaningful location. You couldn't but them in any symetrical locations from left/right and front/back. I just wired for height speakers as that was the only option.

I have given in to the fact that the LFR active will likely give a different tonal sound to what I will get from the QS8 and definitely from the Energy Take speakers. So I don't think I need to get ADA amps that quite honestly i couldn't afford and would be overkill likely. Trying to get 8 channels of the same brand will eliminate trying to buy a better quality amp via the used market. Who makes even a somewhat decent amp for surrounds?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5