I hear you … the AV60 is cry’in to be used. ATMOS/DTS-X is great and the content in these formats are starting to be main stream … although I’ve yet to hear anything that actually placed objects expect for the ATMOS demos …

So given that and … I’ll go out on a limb and guess that most of your media is still 5.1, 7.1. Sticking with the older 5.1/7.1 format is still very viable … I.e. using your QS8s.

But part of the fun is to get the latest and since you already invested in a nice prepro …

The size of your room or theater space dictates if the height alone will be sufficient… Think I’ve seen diagrams from Dobly with only front and rear heights …. Tops are still doable in your case in that they don’t have to be in ceiling … I’m using M3ow’s mounted on the ceiling. If your handy, snaking a few wires is usually not a killer (especially if you don’t mind fixing a hole or two if the going get difficult). Or if you don’t mind the aesthetic you can run them out side the wall/ceiling (personally not my thing but doable … even if temporary just to try it out)

money is always an issue. … most people work their way piece by piece into their finial system. You just need to come up with a plan.