Originally Posted by TrevorM
Presumably you need a power bar to serve your audio components?

A nifty way we control items in a “smart” way without a smart remote is a master controlled power strip. Cabinet fans, amps, lighting etc…. The main component triggers others on. Simple. You can use a preamp as the master device for example.

Very affordable and easy to implement in a half hour or less. Great in racks.

Eg. APC 8-Outlet Surge Protector (P8GT)

I have the same thoughts and concerns about electronics that dribble power consumption in standby modes. Given the number of electrical devices in people's homes these days, i'm sure the amount of excess electrical consumption is staggering.
I had considered using the power bar switch as the master toggle, but the power bars are usually hidden away behind the media consoles and not easy to access on a regular basis.

I have yet to search, but has anyone come across a good quality power bar that uses a remote switch of some sort?
I'd be open to implementing that in the two rooms in which our amps sit idle sucking juice.

And yes, i'm also of the mindset that the Axiom DSP should have had a trigger on it as well. Power savings starts with cutting any idle dribbles no matter how small. How much is standby power really needed? Is it adding that much of a convenience to the end user?

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."