Ahhh, yes. My first post was perhaps cryptic.

My 2ch setup was

ipad—> Arcam rBlink (bluetooth DAC) —> Integrated amp —> M5s

Bottleneck here was throwing music to the stereo via bluetooth from the Ipad. I use spotify 90% of the time. I noticed when in the garage listening to that setup (spotify to chromecast TV) details were better in tracks I was familiar with and guessed it was due to lack of bluetooth. I hooked up an old chromecast audio (forgotten in a drawer from old garage setup lol) to my 2ch setup and yep…. it spanked the fancy bluetooth Dac. $40 chromecast lol.

New 2ch setup will be

ipad (as casting device) —> google chromecast audio —> chord Mojo 2 via optical from chromecast —> Integrated amp —> M5s

Benefit to this change is the chromecast audio pulls content directly from spotify and serves it to the Chord Mojo 2 for unpacking. Chromecast only acts as portal to content and does no decoding. Ipad is only a controller now and music wont gap out if I move about the house with the ipad. Sometimes during cooking in kitchen 25 feet away I get bluetooth dropouts. Drives me nuts.

The hope is I will get closer to CD quality audio than before and once spotify goes lossless I should be all set.

Lesson here is go through your AV junk drawer every now and then. Ha!