Hambrabi, I’m assuming you are referring to the NRC Research ,blind listening and olive scores as being right versus the reviewer being right.

I agree with you. In terms of axiom being correct and using research and blind listening. I also agree if you meant the opposite. The reviewer is free to say anything and be correct in his mind and his preferences.

How are other manufacturers making speakers without the science and research and blind testing? And then selling lots of speakers that the masses like? If the Harman curve or Floyd toole curves and blind testing lean listeners to objectively picking a certain speaker as most enjoyable when not sighted, are we saying our human nature of choice of what is better is that impacted heavily by what something looks like or is being sold to us by way of entertainment and subjective reviews? Wow. That’s a scary thought. I guess a speaker maker or audio company has to choose: be a best seller in the market , or actually sell the best ( or one of the best ) well researched and produced products out there. Kinda like books, there’s really great reads out there and then there are best sellers for the masses.

It’s soooo subjective overall as the average consumer doesn’t really understand it all. I’m not saying I do either but as I’ve slowly accrued some experience I see what I used to think sounding good and real was not even close. It was just loud and boomy, but entertaining. But learning more and trying new things and understanding more of audio knowledge is shaping my idea of what sounds good and how to get there for more. I’m always searching the what I’ve learned to call emotional impact and realism.

Im not really sure where I’m going with this rant but I guess I question the subjectivity of the you tube reviewers. A real review should show or speak about how they set the speakers up, comment on the room, comment about reference points against the product being reviewed etc. and the reviewers preferences.

While I admit to being biased towards loving Axiom speakers and not having heard many more, ( klipsch didn’t like , psb which I did actually like a lot , Polk which I did not like, vintage Sansui are ok, paradigm older models not great). I still think the axiom sound the best to my ears in a variety of different locations too with a few different amplifiers too.

Ok end of rant. I guess I was just disappointed in the review as I was maybe seeking some confirmation bias now that I’m thinking about it. But one poor review ( poorly executed at that ) is not going to change my mind. I just listened to some ultra clean and clear and dynamic Brian Bromberg, some Lee Ritenour and dare I admit it , Miley Cyrus ( select cuts) and I still say WOW out loud while I’m listening. ( on my m60s with my new to me amp ).

Carry on and enjoy the music.I’m happy with my setups. I digress….

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595