Originally Posted by Mojo
Look at how "challenging" my friend's space is. Cathedral ceiling like yours. She thanks me every day for her walnut natural satin M5s, driven by my 20 year-old Denon and $99 Sony sub.

The M5s are poised on $5, 10" high stands from IKEA.

There are no M5s to be heard. Just tall, deep, wide soundstage behind and beside them with solid images performing on that stage. With the right recordings, like Madonna's Vogue, the entire room is ablaze with prancing images.

You do not need floor-standing and on-wall would work great to de-clutter your space.
This is all very encouraging. Thanks! Except for acoustical materials, I dislike mounting speakers or any hardware on walls. But one big worry I always had with stand speakers as opposed to floor standing ones is knocking them over. I live alone. Your friend obviously has no such anxieties. But how about this for a fix: A solid wooden box under each speaker that overshoots their footprints by ~ 6". Then folding over a few ~ 20" lengths of 2" wide gaffers tape to form doubles-sided adhesive strips to affix the bottom of each speaker to its wooden box stand. Yes?