I'm having trouble understanding what the DSP1 I purchased recently is doing. My expectation was that the sound would be almost holographic but with definition in the imaging width spread. I don't hear that. I get the depth and width within the bounds of the speakers but no extension beyond. I've heard stereo sound when the speakers are out of phase and that gives that holographic effect (with no bass)

I note too, that the balance control on my preamp does not completely pan left and right and there seems to be bleed from each channel.

I have my LFR1100's 15 inches from the back wall (actually 3 large 7 feet high glass windows) and about 6 feet apart and a listening distance of 10 feet toed in about 10 degrees. I have the boundary switch to off as the sparse information page on the speakers suggests for the speaker positioning I have.

Also for interest's sake I swapped the rear and front amps over and noticed the rear amp's sound has no mid or low Bass when through the front drivers. I guess by design.
Can someone explain the (Power?) button on the Axion DSR1 does as it does not shut the unit off when it is assumed to off (button out). It will go off if switching off at the rear.

I realise the design used phase changes for fool the ear but as far as I have it, I'm a little disappointed.

What advice does anyone have?
Axiom seems impossible to contact these days for information and their product documentation stinks.

Last edited by Farthings; 03/19/23 07:19 PM.