I have a pair of M60 Ti towers along with a matching VP100 Ti. I absolutely love the M60s but the VP100 could use a little... I don't know, a little more sparkle? It just sounds a bit dull compared to the M60s. It's supposed to have the same tweeter, so I'm guessing it's either something in the crossover or the size of the cabinet. Either way, it's enough of a difference to my dog ears that I've turned it off and am currently running 4.1 instead of 5.1.

I mention this because someone near me is selling a pair of M3 V2, a pair of OS4 V2, and a VP100 V2. All of them are in the same custom Maple colorway as mine. If I bought them it would enable me to do either 7.1 surround or 5.2.1 Atmos, which would be pretty cool. BUT, if the M3 and OS4 suffer from the same lack of sparkle like my VP100 does, I would be rather disappointed and would prefer to search for some matching M60s instead (or just leave well enough alone).

TLDR:
So to the question in the topic, is there a difference in sound between the Ti and V2? Perhaps they changed something between the smaller Ti and V2 speakers to bring back the sparkle that I find missing in my VP100?Perhaps the VP100 is the only one that suffers from this? Has anyone compared the older M3 V2 and the even older M60 Ti?

I absolutely would plan to audition the set before I buy them, but it's also a nearly 4 hour drive one way so I'd like to get some kind of idea before investing 8 hours of driving and two tanks of fuel.

Any thoughts or experiences with this would be welcome.