Originally Posted by Hambrabi
I'm risk adverse, so if neutral tonality is your goal, I'd only stick with v.4 or any loudspeaker with an Olive score > 6.0. But aesthetics matter a lot to me, so go ahead and get those Maple veneer speakers if the price is right. They might even replace your current setup. If you're like me, you'll be looking at downsizing and simplifying everything you own once you hit your 50's. Unless you like it loud or have a huge room, the Epic Midi/Master package is still something I'd recommend to anyone before considering a tower pair.

I already have the M60 Ti pair and I really love them and how they sound, so I don't feel the need to upgrade to a newer version of them. While I don't necessarily like it loud loud, I do like the sound to fill the room, and I do have a somewhat large room. Also, the M60s are actually a downsize from my old pair of tower speakers, which I still have. Those old monsters stand almost five feet tall and will rattle the neighbors windows, but they're just loud and clear, the tonal sound quality isn't that great, especially compared to the M60s.

Mostly I'm just concerned about whether the M3 v2 and OS3 v2 will sound markedly different from my existing M60 Ti pair like my VP100 does. The VP100 Ti sounds kind of dull in comparison to the M60s, even though they have the same tweeter. BBIBH said the v2 series have been reported as sounding bright or shrill. Brighter than my M60s would be bad, but brighter than my VP100 would be good. Maybe I should just jump on it regardless and if they sound too different I could set them up in a different room, maybe on my computer or something.