Yes, these are in the original faux rosewood wrap. They are gorgeous. I spoke with Ian, years ago, about this finish. He told me that the wrap was sourced in the USA and were either no longer available or had become too expensive. Too bad, Beautiful. I have 6 Michaura M55s (like the M22s, twin 5.25" black eyed pea drivers) and a pair of M66s, a smaller version of the M50, twin 6.5" drivers, all with Axiom's excellent titanium 0.75" tweeter. I'll post some pix of them when I have the time.

Hi Kevin, the M55s are great speakers! I modified a few pairs and used them in a 2 channel with a sub and tube amp years ago. Sounded terrific. I got a few from Ubid as well, ended up buying the last pallet of Michauras from the folks in Massachusetts, including a few pairs of M665s. Significantly more expensive than Ubid, but well worth it. What wonderful speakers. The hex shape cabinet is very interesting. Extremely rigid, and fewer congruent inner surfaces than a box. I think Axiom should consider the design for another line of speakers.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.