Well imago, we really need to know your room size to make any further opinions. But I'll tell you this...it's easy to say when it's not my money, but even if it were I'd be where I am now I too have a 7.1 and I'll tell you this, go all Axiom (minus the sub - you can decide which way to go with that). But to have all your speakers timbre matched would be a real plus. Plus to having matching colored speakers is a plus on the WAF scale (if that's an issue for you).
I run in a 15x20 room the VP150, M60s, QS8s (side sur.), M2s (rear sur.) and then a PB2-Plus for the sub. So you'd have a similar or exact match to what I have if you get what's on that list. It will not dissapoint for certain. I don't have any friends or family who can compare with this system (save maybe one). But then again, none of them are as crazy as I am (or should I say as WE on this forum are) for Home Theater and great music.

So lets recap my rambling.

1. Buy all Axiom speakers
2. Figure how close you'll be sitting to the rear wall for 7.1 to decide if your rear surrounds will be M2s, QS8s (or some have QS4s)
3. Buy a sub that will make you happy and be fitting to your room and need/lust for bass. I say lust because there are varying degrees of us who want bass to enhance our sound and some who want it to consume us. Me, I like it to kick me in the pants (thus the PB2-Plus is a good choice for me).

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"