I have been lurking on this user forum for some time now. I finally laid down my hard earned cash for an Axiom system. So far I am very happy. I hooked everything up on Saturday. The surround installation took a while because I like everything just right. Wire management and such goes a long way to make my better half happy. I ran the Avia DVD setup and set the levels on all 5.1 speakers using my SPL meter. I am in the process of tweaking the crossover setup to find the best roll off frequency for the M22's. I have tried 60Hz, 80Hz and 100Hz. I'm still not sure where I like it best. I watched my first DVD Sunday evening. It was Open Range. I have always liked westerns and several of you recommended it as a good movie to audition the speakers. I had several "WOW" moments. The first rain scene in the opening chapter had me running for the windows. Yea it was that good! The thunder sounded and felt very real. And the shootout towards the end had me ducking for cover. I was also very impressed with the dialog coming from the VP100. I kicked around the idea of getting the VP150 but settled on the VP100 due to my meager room size and I have no regrets.

When I put in a music CD I wasn't as thrilled. But I think It may be a configuration on my receiver. I haven't had much time to fuss with the many modes on my receiver. It has a lot of options so I might not be doing something right. I'll probably play with that tonight.

Quick question about speaker break in. How real is it? Are you really breaking in the speakers or training your ear to the speakers?

Hear is what I wound up with for my 14'X14' room.
M22 mains (SS24 stands)
QS4 surrounds (wall mounted)
VP100 center
HSU VTF-2 MK 2 Sub
HK AVR-630 Receiver
HK DVD-22 DVD player
Digital Cable on the way
New HDTV on the horizon as prices come down to earth a little.

Special thanks to Alan. I had some pre and post questions that were answered very quickly. And thanks to Amie who sent me tracking information within one hour. It's service like that and a quality product that will continue to make Axiom a very successful company. You can count on "word of mouth" recommendations from me. That's for sure.

Axiom has another happy customer.

-Tom
Albuquerque, NM