In reply to:

Jack can chime in here, he witnessed the carnage first hand

Carnage? It was extreme cruelty. I have to chuckle when others talk about what "meanies" we are at this forum. It can get sarcastic here, and we are, at times harsher than I'd like, though often it's earned by the behavior of the victim. But, after witnessing what Craig endured at the HSU forum (and has since endured at other forums), what goes on here is a tea party.

Joey, as I said over at the spot, I'm sure you're a fine young man. But, from our point of view, you charged in here overturning furniture and breaking windows, and then were disappointed when we didn't applaud you for it. Go back and read your review thread. The first criticism you received was that some felt you "wanted" the Polks to win. In other words you had a bias and allowed that bias to influence your decision. Examples from your review were cited to support this contention. There was nothing nasty about any of it, but you immediately were angered and showed it.

You were also upset that someone criticized your grammar. The person that did that is a teacher, and he even put a smiley at the end of the criticism to show his good will. You chastised him for the criticism and corrected HIS punctuation. He responded "You're right about my punctuation - I do know better....I wasn't being critical of your choice of words to be mean - I actually was trying to help. Maybe in the future I'll send PMs....No offense intended on any front. Good luck with the Polks." How much more polite could he get? Yet, in several threads over at the SPot, you cite these things (among others) as being examples of your being "savaged" over here. Often after you explained you position, you would get a response like this from one of the members "Joey, I took your intent to be ill-natured mischief. If I had you wrong, then I apologize for my harsh reaction." But, you appear to selectively fail to remember those reactions. All that sticks in your mind is the insults.

I believe Craig is correct. You wanted to "punish" us, so you did it in the worst way. You ran over to the relative safety of the SPot and in three different threads, one of them in the Onix/Rocket forum of all things, you, and the 5 or 6 others who agree with you, proceeded to do exactly the same thing over there that you accuse us of doing over here.

Were you insulted here? Yes you were. But not about your review. You were insulted AFTER spamming the forum with a classified ad, and when criticized for it, responding with your own snappish posting. That doesn't justify you're getting snapped at in return, but it does explain it.

I have two pieces of advice (though I doubt you are interested in hearing them). One, if you intend to continue publicly comparing speakers, try to develop a thicker skin. No matter what you say or how you say it, SOMEBODY isn't going to like it and is going to tell you so. You can't please everybody. Two, try to couch your criticism of the "losing" speaker in terms that will not make owners of that particular speaker feel bad about owning them. Not easy, I know. Craig does it very well.

I echo Craig's words. Be at peace. Let it rest. Move on. Be happy. Enjoy the Polks. Good fortune.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton