First of all, does anyone have one? I have scanned the internet for recievers in the 300-500 dollar range. I have run
into the Pioneer 914 for about 399.00 and an entry level NAD for a similar price. I have also read Pioneer is coming out with a 1014?? Does anyone know the price on this? My question is that I have read three different independent professional reviews of the NAD and it consistently says it is a musical reciever as oppposed to a HT one. It has 5.1 surround which is probably all my listening room will ever hold. The Pioneer has been reviewed again for being "bright" and not so good with music. Though, it has all the bells and whistles you could ask for for any upgrade in the HT area. My listening habits are about 90-10, maybe 80-20 two channel music at this point. Eventually, I will get surrounds. My fronts are Axiom M60's. Can anyone give me any advice? My Onkyo 502 is going upstairs with my M22's. I've also seen the HK 1804 for a similar price but read where it has no bass or treble settings. I have always been more of a treble man. I'm afraid this could sound flat. Highs are important in my music as opposed to alot of bass. Thanks is advance....