I honestly cannot answer as too how high the treble can be set, as I am essentially a neutral listener with the treble only boosted +2. As for power, there is no question that it will be able to power your M60's which are rated at the same 93 SPL as my M22's at 8 ohms. There is 90 watts of high-current power there... very close to the 100 watt benchmark and also remember that given the way power must increase expedentially in order to double the volume, you can be assured that the 10 watt difference between 90 and 100 is very slight. If you want my personal opinion its that there simply is not a better receiver for the price available on the market. I thought that at the $499 price... given the chance for $399 I don't think there is any question. Like I said in the first post, the Yamaha's sound good as well, but their build quality is just not quite as high, and that means a lot to me because I want this thing to last a while. I hope this helps.... I don't take this strong a stance with many things, but I have really been impressed by this Denon amp.