I've heard that the Avia dvd has more calibrations for video screens but that the S&V dvd had more for audio testing specifically in the way of the coded tracks.
But this is just what i've read from other forums. I haven't used the Avia dvd myself.

The test patterns they give you are really quite helpful in getting your system up and balanced more accurately than by ear alone but unless you are gunned up for big bass, high treble or have alot of ear wax, you can still calibrate your settings orally and come close to a sound meter measurement.
After i used the sound meter, none of my speakers were more than 1dB off from an average and my Axioms were only previously calibrated by ear alone.The sub calibration is alot tougher to do without a sound meter though.

I would definitely recommend the test discs to anyone who wants to be semi-serious about setting up their system as precisely as possible. Considering the dvd cost me $33 Cdn and can be used time and time again with new speakers, components or moving locations, i'm pretty satisfied.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."