Thanks, nice to be here.

I was hoping someone kept an archive log, or had the back issues of S&V I didn't have (they printed speaker reviews at least half the year).

I'll trust the NRC measurements of Soundstage, but not the content nor reviews. When you grow up reading Ian G. Masters, Alan Lofft, Larry Klein, Tom Nousaine, Peter Aczel, Daniel Kumin, etc. it's hard to accept the mostly tweako crowd.

The NRC fidelity scores seem to show price doesn't correspond well with sound quality. My own story, I had a dealer who let me compare A/B my $300 Paradigm Phantoms (NRC = 7.3) with his premium speaker lines. Unfortunately for him, the Phantoms crushed every speaker 3x to 13x the price, particularly in midrange clarity.

I found out afterwards that the Phantoms had a blown tweeter and a boxy midrange, yet they still won all those rounds. Loudspeaker buyer beware, there's dogs everywhere.

Even if no one replies to my query, at least it would implant the thought: what if my Axiom system really did sound as good as or better than those fantasy $5000, $20,000, or $50,000 systems on the market? Previous NRC lab results show that it's not so far fetched.

Author of "Status 101: How To Keep Up In A World That Keeps Score While Buying Into Buying Less"