I am not able to comment on the how the M60s compare to some of the B&W and PSB models. I have heard some B&W in showroom settings and they did sound incredible. The electronics powering the speakers was much better than what I have so a comparison in this instance is next to impossible (I am trying to budget a new receiver and am currently using a low end pioneer surround sound reciever). Perhaps some others on this board who have done in-home trials with some B&W and PSB can comment.

I can tell you how the M60s sound compared to the M3s. VERY, VERY OPEN. The amount of space in the presentation of the music is what really caught me. At any point in most (if not all) music that I listen to, I can focus and hear cleanly one particular instrument or another. The detail I have heard in the high end makes it possible to hear the brush strokes on a snare really pop out compared to many speakers. Keep in mind that I am not coming from an audiophile background, but have spent considerable time in the studio recording and listening. I really like these speakers even though they are a little large for the room they are in currently.
I did purchase from the Axiom Factory Outlet, although I believe the price on the M60 FO did jump up a little since I purchased mine.
The only concern if you are not satisfied with a speaker purchase from axiom is return shipping. You may want to check with Aimee or someone else on the 800 number and see if they can estimate a return shipping cost on the M22s.
If you would like to come hear the M60s send me a PM and we can work out the details.
Hope this helps.