HAH! And I'm the one who put him on double secret probation.

I have a confession to make. For a long time I've lurked over at the av123 forum. You can learn a lot at other forums. But, about a month, or so, ago, the opportunity to introduce myself arose, and I took it.

Craigsub, he's "BigCigar" over there (why does that moniker make me think of Bill Clinton? ) had a thread going and I wanted to make a comment, so I signed up, made my intoduction, explained that I wasn't there to buy rockets or sell Axioms, but to learn and, if possible, help. I didn't want to just sneak in. And, much to my pleasant surprise, most everyone has been very gracious to me. I must admit it took some courage, so I know what DOJ (short for drunkonjack) is feeling right now. Be brave, DOJ. (LOL! He said that now he knows how he'd feel if he cheated on his wife )

As I just admitted to DOJ in a PM, though my primary purpose in posting at av123 was to learn, in the back of my mind, and in my heart of hearts, it was my hope that the two forums could, if not become friends, and least become friendly. We have a lot more in common than not; good companies with good customer service and good products; a love of good music/movies, and a love of good equipment to reproduce them. So, as you can imagine, I'm overjoyed that DOJ has screwed up his courage, and taken the plunge. I want to assure you that I'm just as surprised to find him here as you are. I'm not suggesting we all whip out our guitars and start singing "kumbaya," or "It's A Small World After All." But, there's no reason we can't get along, and if necessary, agree to disagree.

Like our forum, there are a large number of good folks, a few irrascible ones, and the occasional newbie idiot (or not-so-newbie idoit, as the case may be). DOJ happens to be one of the good folks, with a great sense of humor. On the whole they are a more civilized bunch than we are, and DOJ may not be used to our wild and wooly ways. So, for pity's sake, be gentle with the guy will ya? Treat him like you would want to be treated. Behave yourselves! Who knows? Peace might break out.

DOJ, If it's not beneath a "Jack" man, check out the beer thread. It's ONLY 42 pages long. I never knew there were so many different brands of beer. Sheesh!

Make nice, littleb, or I'll send you an explosive PM.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton