Well, I made the plunge. I was loooking at getting the M60's. However, I discovered a retail shop that had Axiom in stock within driving distance. Turns out they are closing them out because Axiom is going to an internet only business model. His price on the M60 was lower than the "blem" price from the factory.
Anyway, I made the trip to the store. It wasn't possible to do a comparison because these were the only brand in the store. He had M50's, M60's and M80's on the floor. He played the M50's first. I was amazed. They filled the room with their sound. Next, the M60's. They sounded a little bigger with slightly more midrange. Finally, the M80's which seemed to have a little more of everything. They were all very impressive. I came for the M60's, but I realized that I could get the M80's for about what the factory wants for the M60's. I negotiated on the M80's and ended up paying $810 American for them. Not bad eh? I will be reimbursed for all the tax, and since they are Canadian made, I paid no duty bringing them back to the states. He still made a profit on them, which makes you wonder why Axiom can't afford to sell them cheaper if they are bypassing the middle man.
After getting them home, I set them up. They are in a less than ideal setting right now in my basement. I am in the proccess of building a study in the basement, but for now, the area is open with lots of hard surfaces. Nevertheless, they sound real nice. I feel I cant give a very good appraisal until they are set up more properly. Interesting thing: I pulled one each of the drivers, a woofer, mid, and tweeter. They are made in China. I thought Axiom made their own drivers. I guess they just assemble speakers. I couldn't see the crossovers.
I wish I could have heard the speakers up against some Polks or Infinitys, etc. As it is, they sounded awesome in the store. The M50's were the biggest surprise. A huge warm sound from a small tower. I feel the M80's sounded best of the three because the midrange was so lifelike. All three were impressive in the store. Now I'm anxious to get started on my basement so I can have a spot to enjoy my purchase.

Dan