I have some performance questions concerning the EP125. Here is some back ground info. I have the Axiom Mini system and have had it for about 6 months now. I am using a Sony 975 receiver. I mainly use the system for watching movies, mainly action, drama, and sci-fi. I have set up the sub controls so that the volume is at about 40% and the frequency respone control is at about 100 Hz.

Well, here is my problem. While I was watching "We were Soldiers" I heard my sub start to really struggle with some of the sound. I guess the best way to explain it would be as if the speaker was stuttering or pulsating during about 2/3 of the movie. I tried playing with the sub controls by reducing the volume and/or the frequency response but the problem only went away when I had the volume way down. I want to say that I am over driving the speaker, but I watch other "explosive" movies at the same volumes and don't run into this problem. What am I doing wrong??? Am I pushing it to hard? Or, expecting to much from the sub? What can I do to resolve this besides listening to the movie with barely any sound coming from the sub???

I appreciate any input that is offered.